11.30.2008

Ginger Crackle Cookies

Well, yesterday I posted about a tradition we have at “Casa de Thornburg.” I bake ginger cookies to eat while we decorate the Christmas tree. We love these cookies! They are moist and chewy on the inside and crispy on the outside. Mmmm…

I baked these when we decorated our tree about four years ago, and it became an instant tradition…lol. The boys make sure I don’t forget each year! We all love them so today I thought I’d share the recipe with you. Be sure to come back and tell me if you liked them!

Ginger Crackle Cookies

1 c. brown sugar
¾ c. butter
¼ c. molasses
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 ¼ c. flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
½ tsp. ground cloves
¼ tsp. salt
**sugar to coat

Cream room temperature butter together with brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Add in molasses, egg, and vanilla and mix until incorporated. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients including spices. Add dry mixture to the wet ingredients. Chill dough 30 minutes. Form dough into 1 inch balls and roll in white sugar. Place 1 inch apart on baking sheet and place in preheated 350 degree oven for 9-12 minutes or until tops are cracked and lightly browned on the bottom.

I know this post is worthless without pictures, but I’ll have to come back and post one after I’ve baked these!

Ciao!

No comments: